How to Stay
Over 12,000 families served to date
WHO MAY STAY
- The family of a child under the age of 21 who is currently an active patient receiving medical treatment in the area.
- Any family member or guardian who provides care and support for the child. One overnight room per family and a maximum of 5 people per family can visit the program at a time.
- Family must have visitation rights for the patient in the hospital.
- Distance from the hospital, financial situation, and unit the patient is in does not exclude a family from being able to utilize the space.
TYPES OF STAYS
- Families can utilize our program as either as a Day Use Guest or an Overnight Family.
- Day Use Guests do not have access to a sleeping room overnight, but can use the common areas of the program daily (7am – 9pm in Rogers and Fayetteville, 8am – 9pm in Fort Smith).
- Overnight Families have access to the program 24/7 during the time that they are assigned an overnight room. They will have badge access to the program which will allow them to be able to come and go as needed to care for their patient in the hospital.
- Both types of families can utilize the common areas, enjoy a snack or meal in the kitchen, do their laundry, and get the rest and relaxation they need to recharge before returning to the patient’s bedside.
ELIGIBILITY AND ADMISSION PROCESS
- A registration form must be completed by the family at the front desk of the House or Family Room prior to accessing the program and its services.
- Once a registration form is completed, for families who wish to stay overnight, room assignments are approved as availability allows.
- If an open bedroom is not available, families will be placed on a wait list until a room opens up. During that time they are able to utilize the program as a Day Use Family.
- Once confirmation is received, families may check in after 4 PM at the front desk of the House or Family Room.
For families with children being treated at a medical facility outside of our program locations (Mercy Hospital NWA, Mercy Hospital Fort Smith, or Washington Regional), please call (479) 756-5600 to find out if one of our programs will be able to accommodate your needs.
Our Ronald McDonald House and Family Rooms open their doors to dozens of families each day, which requires a tremendous effort from our staff, volunteers, other families, and very generous community donors. To provide for the health and safety of everyone involved, we ask all families to observe the Program Policies that are provided upon check-in. We reserve the right to ask any family to check out at any time should it be considered necessary to preserve the well-being or health and safety of the other families staying with us.