RMHC Advocacy Media Guidelines
#buildthehouse August 12, 2020
Thank you for agreeing to advocate and promote RMHC of Arkoma and our Fort Smith House campaign! Below you will find more details on how to share on your social media. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The Mabee Foundation agreed to match up to $500,000 in total donations!
We have reached 2⁄3 of our fundraising goal and need YOUR help to raise the other 1⁄3! This is a good Instagram or Facebook story/live video idea. Also a good twitter post! – Post renderings of the new house, house updates, and you wearing your tshirt!!!
– We would love to see photos with you and your shirt on with the hashtag #BuildTheHouse in your caption
– If you are wanting to sign up for a shirt please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If posting a video on social media:
– Record a 20-60 second video of yourself. Email or text it (email@example.com or 479-422-9393) too so we can post it onto our media! Include who you are, what company you are with (if applicable), and why you support RMHC! If you have a personal connection to our mission of Keeping Families Close, please include that.
– Share why you support us building the house in Fort Smith and how it will benefit the community. We’d love for you to say “Build the house!” at the end or in your video! Please use it as a hashtag in your caption as well.
– Other hashtags include:
– #KeepingFamiliesClose – #BringingComfortHomeToFortSmith (our campaign slogan) – #forRMHC
Other details you can include in a video or post:
– We will break ground in the Fall and the house should be complete Spring 2021 – The house will have 11 bedrooms for 11 families, with our total amount of rooms at Mercy Fort Smith being 15. We also provide many amenities for daytime guests including meals.
– There will be a state of the art kitchen, a playground, a serenity garden, a media room, a playroom, a laundry room, and many more amenities. We provide dinner every evening and have groceries on hand for other meals and snacks.
-Try to keep your caption and content fun and exciting! We want to show how excited we are for this house, and show that people in the community are excited as well. Here’s an example:
“We are SO excited for the new Ronald McDonald House in Fort Smith! The House will be completed in Spring of 2021, bringing our total number of families served to 15 each night at Mercy Fort Smith. We support RMHC of Arkoma because (what you love about RMHC). RMHC of Arkoma is 2⁄3 of the way to their fundraising goal and we need you to help complete the campaign! The Mabee Foundation has agreed to match $500,000, and with the support of our amazing community and donors, we can raise the other half to build the house!”
-Turn on our post notifications on Instagram and Facebook so you can share and like our content right when we post it. This will help with the media algorithms to reach more people. Thanks for all your help!
Remember, if posting ANYTHING about the House Campaign, incorporate the hashtag #BuildTheHouse into your caption.